Pages

I'M PREGNANT!!! I'M PREGNANT!!! I'M PREGNANT!!! I'M PREGNANT!!!

And breathe.....it feels good to let that out....and more on breathing in the coming weeks!!

Contact me by emailing theeasybit@hotmail.co.uk



Sunday 12 September 2010

Has something died in your mouth??? Eeewwwww

On Saturday night my husband and I stayed with some family and friends and it was the first night my husband has got drunk since I got pregnant (obviously I didn't join him for the indulgence even though it was my birthday that was being celebrated!)

Now I've had a few issues with my husband's breath over the last few months because he is a smoker and I find the smell of stale smoke absolutely repulsive.  It never used to be an issue but because of my current supersonic sense of smell it has become quite a major one now - to the point where I've had nights where I've wafted the bedroom door just to clear the smell of his breathe out of the room and he is sick of being offered mints and breath fresheners.  Just to clarify, brushing his teeth is the last thing he does before he comes to bed but I can still, somehow, smell that smoke. 

But this weekend his breathe truly reached a record low.  The combination of lager, wine and cigarettes made the whiff in the bedroom completely unbearable.  Add in the lager sweats, snoring and talking in his sleep and it was a very restless night for me.  I went to bed at 23:30 but didn't get to sleep until around 2:00.  I slept really lightly and woke up at 6:30.  For someone who has regularly been sleeping 12 hours a night, 4.5 is nowhere near enough and I'm really suffering for it today.  I managed an hour nap but I think I'll be on for a sleep marathon tonight (and I might just do it in the guest bedroom so that there is no chance of being disturbed!!)

It makes me feel really bad criticising my husband - no one wants to be told repeatedly that they're a stinky beast - so I'll say it here to get it off my chest. 

Darling husband, please stop yawning, talking or even breathing in my general direction until you've sorted yourself out!!  Brush your teeth 10 times a day if need be, stop smoking and drinking and remove all of the dead animals which must be hiding in there - I seriously don't see how smoking and drinking alone can make you smell like a decomposing corpse!  Oh, and just to be completely clear - no, there's no chance that you're getting any sex when it's hard for me to just be in the same room! 

I think it's going to be a long time before he drinks again!! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh this brings it all back. My daughter is just about to turn 1 year old and when my partner Laura was pregnant she was the same as you!
    Funny thing was she like the smell of beer! go figure! It will get better, once baby is here then you will be too tired to even notice you hubby's breath!

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kenny

    Thanks very much for commenting and following! I really hope that now I'm verging on 2nd tri the sense of smell thing will calm down - I feel so sorry for my husband but it's impossible not to say something when he's making me feel physically sick! He doesn't seem to be taking it personally though which is a very good thing.

    Best wishes, Ellie

    ReplyDelete